Sunday, February 8, 2015

A Response to Metadata for Breakfast | File Naming Video Series

Funny that I should watch the File Naming Video Series after my last post. Then, I came across Metadata for Breakfast's post, Metadata Hide and Seek. So what else to do but blog about it!

I too, am guilty of some of the things NOT to do when naming files. Namely using spaces and capitalization. In my defense, I am a trained graphic designer so the visual aspect of the filename is just as important to me as the file I am naming.  Spaces look pretty but certainly don't play well with naming files. Capitalization makes things look professional, in my opinion. But alas, I must learn to play by the rules of file naming.

I will admit this, and I am not sure if this is a product of my O.C.D or A.D.D. (or a combination of both) but, I often find myself looking for a file on my computer, discovering said file in a folder filled with similar files, then going back and renaming ALL THE FILES so that they all have the same file name format to appease my constant need for the visual affect of organization.


No comments:

Post a Comment