Friday, May 1, 2015

OMEKA

I thought I would throw in my two cents on Omeka. I know some of my fellow classmates have their issues with it, but I really enjoyed working in this platform. It was visually easy to use, if that makes sense? It had a clean, simple interface that made it easy to navigate - almost like building a WYSIWYG website.

I will say that I, like Tonya (or maybe Nikki?), was aggravated that there is no way of looking at an image that you are creating the metadata for WHILE you create the metadata. After clicking around a bunch, I eventually just opened Omeka in another window, moved both identical windows side by side on my screen and indexed one in one window while viewing it in another. This made the process clumsy and time consuming, but it worked.

I am glad that I had the chance to do some real metadata work within Omeka and was happy as a lark to be able to add Omeka to my resume under "Technology Proficiencies".


No comments:

Post a Comment